[openstack-dev] [Horizon] New procedure for releasing xstatic packages

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 05:39:34 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

It's been a loooong time coming, but we're almost there. I've put up a BP
outlining the steps we need to get over the line and start releasing those
looooooong awaited updates of our xstatic packages:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/xstatic-release-process

I'll be working with Tony Breeds and Joshua Hesketh over the next few days
to work through the remaining bits of that BP. Please feel free to review
the BP and the linked changes - in particular the documentation change
which has more detail than the BP:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289142

One of the potential gotchas is that we're enforcing that the git tag
version string matches the xstatic package's BUILD version string as part
of the release process (as far as I can tell this is a first for an
OpenStack release process). The downside of this is that you won't know if
it's been rejected unless you sign up to a particular mailing list:

Well, eventually you'll give up on seeing the package appear in pypi, but
that list is slightly more immediate.

    Richard