[openstack-dev] [Neutron][os-vif] Expanding vif capability for wiring trunk ports

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Wed Jun 15 22:31:18 UTC 2016

I know I've been pretty quiet since I started this thread.  Y'all have
been doing so well, I've just been reading the thread every day and
enjoying it.  I thought I'd top post here to kind of summarize.

I see wisdom in the strategy suggested by Sean Mooney to make a very
minimal change to os-vif to merely create a bridge if it doesn't exist
already and otherwise plug as normal.  I agree that this is the
strategy that we should take and I think there is a lot of support for
it in this thread.  I'm assuming at this point that this is the way
we're going to move forward unless we hear something soon.

There were a few side conversations about deprecating veth, linux
bridge topics, and possibly something else.  I think those are their
own topics and we don't necessarily need to wrap anything up on those
at the moment.

Thank you for all of your thoughts.

Carl