[openstack-dev] [release][infra] networking-onos 2.0.0 not on our pypi mirrors

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Jun 15 13:20:59 UTC 2016

Excerpts from mohammad shahid's message of 2016-06-15 16:32:10 +0530:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone look at this networking-onos 2.0.0 not on our pypi please ?
>
> reference links:
> https://launchpad.net/networking-onos
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/networking-onos
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Mohammad Shahid

The logs for the release jobs for that version can be found at
http://logs.openstack.org/a6/a65d57c4aa18624a5a936ad9f4dab3e49e030aea/

According to the upload log [1] the upload to PyPI failed because
the 2.0.0 wheel couldn't be found.

According to the tarball log [2] the file couldn't be found because the
version it thinks it has is 2016.1.0 instead of 2.0.0, so the filename
is wrong.

It looks like commit 2dc75353114a2115c61109385757fbf4ce21c57b checked in
a PKG-INFO file, which pbr is reading, and the file includes the bad
version number. I'm not sure why that file was added (it appears to be
related to RPM packaging, but no other projects have needed to add files
like that).

So to fix the problem you'll need to sort out the issue with PKG-INFO
and then tag a new version that includes whatever commits are needed
to make the version appear correct.

To test the version locally, use "python setup.py --version" until it
gives you a version in like 2.0.1.devN (meaning a development version
leading up to 2.0.1, which is the version you'll tag).

Doug

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/a6/a65d57c4aa18624a5a936ad9f4dab3e49e030aea/release/networking-onos-pypi-both-upload/e61917b/console.html.gz
[2] http://logs.openstack.org/a6/a65d57c4aa18624a5a936ad9f4dab3e49e030aea/release/networking-onos-tarball/07814ec/console.html.gz