[openstack-dev] [tempest][nova][defcore] Add option to disable some strict response checking for interop testing

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jun 15 01:37:47 UTC 2016

On 06/14/2016 07:28 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 06/14/2016 05:42 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
<snip>
> I think this is the most important thing to me as it relates to this.
> I'm obviously a huge proponent of clouds behaving more samely. But I
> also think that, as Doug nicely describes above, we've sort of backed in
> to removing something without a deprecation window ... largely because
> of the complexities involved with the system here - and I'd like to make
> sure that when we are being clear about behavior changes that we give
> the warning period so that people can adapt.

I also think that "pass" to "pass *"  is useful social incentive. While
I think communication of this new direction has happened pretty broadly,
organizations are complex places, and it didn't filter everywhere it
needed to with the urgency that was probably needed.

"pass *"  * - with a greylist which goes away in 6 months

Will hopefully be a reasonable enough push to get the behavior we want,
which is everyone publishing the same interface.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net