[openstack-dev] Nova API extensions removal plan

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Jun 14 11:12:06 UTC 2016

Nova is getting towards it's final phases of the long term arc to really
standardize the API, which includes removing the API extensions
facility. This has been a long arc that was started in Atlanta. And has
been talked about in a lot of channels, but some interactions this past
week made us realize that some folks might not have realized this is
happening.

So we've now got an over arching spec about how and why we're removing
the API extensions facility from Nova, and alternatives that exist for
folks -
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/newton/approved/api-no-more-extensions.html

This is informative for folks, please take a look if you think this will
impact you.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague