[openstack-dev] [nova] Let me know if you have an approved spec but unapproved blueprint

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 13 01:07:17 UTC 2016

On 6/12/2016 7:48 PM, joehuang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This spec is not approved yet: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/295595/
>
> But the BP is approved: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/expose-quiesce-unquiesce-api
>
> Don't know how to deal with the spec now. Is this spec killed? Should Nova support application level consistency snapshot for disaster recovery purpose or not?
>
> Best Regards
> Chaoyi Huang ( Joe Huang )

Neither the spec nor the blueprint is approved. The blueprint was
previously approved in mitaka but is not for newton, with reasons in the
spec review for newton.

At this point we're past non-priority spec approval freeze so this isn't
going to get in for newton. There are a lot of concerns about this one
so it's going to be tabled for at least this release, we can revisit in
ocata, but it adds a lot of complexity and it's more than we're willing
to take on right now given everything else planned for this release.

Matt Riedemann