[openstack-dev] [swift] crypto-review review, soft-freeze on master

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Fri Jun 10 17:13:17 UTC 2016

As mentioned in IRC and on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Swift/PriorityReviews, Swift is now under a soft freeze for master.

The patches for the crypto functionality have been proposed to feature/crypto-review. The initial plan is to spend two weeks in this soft freeze (until June 24) to get the final crypto patches reviewed and landed. We'll reevaluate at that time.

* The patch chain allows you to see the steps needed to get to the full crypto functionality.
* Please do not push patches over the patch chain, but please leave (links to) diffs as review comments.
* acoles is managing this patch chain.
* If there is something that must land on master before feature/crypto-review has landed, please let both notmyname and acoles know.
* Once the patches in the chain have been approved , acoles will remove the -2 on the first patch and allow the chain to land on the crypto-review branch. Then we will land a single merge commit to master, bringing in the crypto functionality as one commit.

I'm excited to bring this functionality into Swift.

--John