[openstack-dev] [qa] Tempest unstable interfaces in plugins

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:02:15 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I'm working on making the client manager in Tempest a stable interface, so
that in future it may be used safely by plugins to easily gain access
service clients [0].

This work inevitably involves changing the current client manager
(unstable) interface.
Several tempest plugins in OpenStack already consume that interface (namely
the manager.Manager class) [1], so my work is likely to break them.

I would ask the people maintaining the plugins to be careful about using
unstable interfaces, as they are likely to change, especially since we're
working on converting them to stable.

If you maintain a plugin (in OpenStack or outside of OpenStack) that is
likely to be affected by my work, please keep an eye on my gerrit review
[0], leave a comment there or ping me on IRC (andreaf), I would very much
like to make sure the transition is as painless as possible for everyone.

andrea

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/326683/
[1]
http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=from%20tempest%20import%20manager&i=nope&files=&repos=