[openstack-dev] [ironic][infra][qa] Ironic grenade work nearly complete

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jun 10 12:48:11 UTC 2016

On 06/10/2016 08:41 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-06-10 11:49:12 +0100 (+0100), Miles Gould wrote:
>> On 09/06/16 23:21, Jay Faulkner wrote:
>>> There was some discussion about whether or not the Ironic grenade job
>>> should be in the check pipeline (even as -nv) for grenade,
>>
>> Not having this would mean that changes to grenade could silently break
>> Ironic's CI, right? That sounds really bad.
>
> That's like saying it's really bad that changes to devstack could
> silently break devstack-based jobs for random projects, and so they
> should be tested against every one of those jobs. At some point you
> have to draw a line between running a reasonably representative
> sample and running so many jobs that you'll never be able to merge
> another change again (because even very small nondeterministic
> failure rates compound to make that impossible at a certain scale).

Nothing should be voting in check in grenade that requires a plugin.

I'm fine with a few things in check nv if they are doing something out
of the ordinary that we think needs to be kept on top of. I also expect
that ironic folks are going to watch for those failures, and say, with
-1/+1 CR, when they are legit and when it was off the rails. A non
voting job that doesn't have domain experts validating the content
regularly with CR means it gets ignored if it fails a bunch.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net