[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Random IP address allocations

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Fri Jun 10 08:40:32 UTC 2016

Hi,
The patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/292207/ has broken decomposed plugins. I am not sure if we can classify this as a API change - basically the IP address allocation model has changed. So someone prior to the patch could create a network and expect addresses A, B and C to be allocated in that order. Now random addresses will be allocated.
I think that this requires some discussion and we should consider reverting the patch. Maybe I am missing something here but this may break people who are working according the existing outputs of Neutron according to existing behavior (which may have been wrong from the start).
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Gary