[openstack-dev] Reasoning behind my vote on the Go topic

Michael Barton mike at weirdlooking.com
Thu Jun 9 20:59:24 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:

> Agreed it isn't done in uvloop. But it is done in libuv and the uvloop
> devs agree it should be done. So this is the kind of thing where the
> community can invest in python + C to help solve problems thought only
> solvable by other languages.

I mean, if someone wants to figure out a file server in python that can
compete in any way with a go version, I'm totally down for rewriting swift
to target some other python-based architecture.

But personally, my desire to try to build a universe where such a thing is
possible is pretty low.  Because I've been fighting with it for years, and
go already works great and there's nothing wrong with it.

- Mike