[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] [Neutron] Waiting until Neutron Port isActive

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 9 17:16:53 UTC 2016

When you write "Neutron has the ability already of sending an event as a
REST call to notify a third party", that third party can be Nova only as of
now and notifying any other party requires changes to Neutron. It seems
that one needs to add a notifier for Kuryr similar to the one that exists
for Nova that you have pointed to here: [1]. Furthermore, Nuetron needs to
be changed to call this new notifier. I suppose one can make the current
Nova notifier more generic and have the third party (the client to use for
notifying the third party) configurable.
Have I understood this correctly or there is such a generic framework
already in place?

Best,

Mohammad