[openstack-dev] [nova] Austin summit priorities session recap

Diana Clarke diana.joan.clarke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:26:36 UTC 2016

Hi Alex:

We still hope to land this patch series during this cycle. If you're
referring to the -2 on the patch you mentioned [1], it was just a
procedural -2 until we stopped using the old methods in the driver and
cutover completely to the new methods. I'll ping Dan Smith on IRC
later today, and see if he's ready to revisit his -2.

The cutover to the new methods is in this patch [2], and then there is
a big delete of all the old methods and tests in this patch [3].
Yesterday, the entire patch series was green as far as CI was
concerned, including the experimental job Matt Riedemann kindly added
for LVM (thanks!!!). There are now a few merge conflicts, but it's
still otherwise ready for review.

Feodor has been an excellent reviewer, and it would be great to
continue to get his feedback on this patch series. We hope to be able
to reciprocate when the ScaleIO patches are up for review since we'll
be familiar with that area of the code. The entire patch series can be
found here [4] if anyone else is interested in jumping in on reviews
too.

Thanks folks!

--diana

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/317689/