[openstack-dev] [puppet] Request to create puppet-tacker

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 13:08:17 UTC 2016

Yeah, super good news!
Please do the same as I did in https://review.openstack.org/326720 and
https://review.openstack.org/326721

Add me as reviewer because I need to sign-off the 2 patches (I'm current PTL).
Once it's done & merged, you'll be able to deprecate the old
repository on your github with a nice README giving the link of the
new module.

I haven't looked at the code yet but we'll probably have to adjust
some bits, add some testing (beaker [1], etc). Please make sure that
we have some packaging available in RDO (I checked on Ubuntu and they
don't provide it) so we can download it during our beaker tests.

Also a last thing, in order to help us to make the module compliant &
consistent, please read how we wrote the recent modules. For example
you can look puppet-gnocchi or puppet-aodh that are clean modules.
We recently had a lot of new modules: vitrage, watcher, tacker,
congress, (I'm working now on octavia) - which means reviews might
take more time than usual because our team will review the new modules
carefuly to make sure the code is clean & consistent from beginning
(and avoid the puppet-monasca story). Please be patient and help us by
reading how we did other modules.

Thanks a ton for your collaboration and we're looking forward for this
new challenge,

[1] https://github.com/puppetlabs/beaker

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Iury Gregory <iurygregory at gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome!
>
> You just need to follow the same process that Emilien pointed for
> puppet-congress. If you need any help please let us know.
>
> 1- Move  https://github.com/radez/puppet-tacker to OpenStack
> 2- Add it to our governance
> 3- Follow
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/puppet-openstack-guide/new-module.html

>> I also have puppet-tacker module that has existed before the project was
>> part of big tent.
>>
>> It was based on cookie cutter originally but will probably need some
>> adjustments to adhere to standards.
>>
>> I'd like to get the project establish so that the code can be run
>> through the proper review process.
>>
>> exiting repo is here: https://github.com/radez/puppet-tacker
>>
>> Dan Radez
>> freenode: radez