[openstack-dev] [charms] Renaming openvswitch-odl -> openvswitch

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 8 09:37:49 UTC 2016

Hi All

The current openvswitch-odl charm is designed for use with
nova-compute/neutron-gateway and the odl-controller charm, but it declares
and configures OVS in such a way that I think it has broader applicability
than just OpenDayLight; specifically it looks like it would also work with
ONOS which configures the OVS manager in exactly the same way as for ODL.

I'd like to proposed renaming the openvswitch-odl charm to just openvswitch
to support this generalisation of its use.

Thoughts?