[openstack-dev] Got Failure:"fixtures._fixtures.timeout.TimeoutException"

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Jun 8 08:29:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016, at 10:40 PM, zhangshuai wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a question with fixtures._fixtures.timeout.TimeoutException. like
> following:
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "smaug/tests/fullstack/test_checkpoints.py", line 73, in
>   test_checkpoint_create
>
>     volume.id)
>
>   File "smaug/tests/fullstack/test_checkpoints.py", line 51, in
>   create_checkpoint
>
>     sleep(640)
>
>   File
>   "/home/lexus/workspace/smaug/.tox/fullstack/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fixtures/_fixtures/timeout.py",
>   line 52, in signal_handler
>
>     raise TimeoutException()
>
> fixtures._fixtures.timeout.TimeoutException
>
> Ran 1 tests in 61.986s (-0.215s)
>
> FAILED (id=213, failures=1)
>

> error: testr failed (1)

By default the bast test classes for many OpenStack projects implement a
60 second unittest timeout. If the unittest takes longer than 60 seconds
an exception is raised and the test fails. I am guessing that smaug has
inherited this behavior which leads to the failure when you attempt to
sleep for 640 seconds.

You can address this by either changing the timeout or making your test
run quicker.

Clark