[openstack-dev] [nova][glance][qa] Test plans for glance v2 stack

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 7 20:55:03 UTC 2016

I tested the glance v2 stack (glance v1 disabled) using a devstack
change here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/325322/

Now that the changes are merged up through the base nova image proxy and
the libvirt driver, and we just have hyper-v/xen driver changes for that
series, we should look at gating on this configuration.

I was originally thinking about adding a new job for this, but it's
probably better if we just change one of the existing integrated gate
jobs, like gate-tempest-dsvm-full or gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full.

Does anyone have an issue with that? Glance v1 is deprecated and the
configuration option added to nova (use_glance_v1) defaults to True for
compat but is deprecated, and the Nova team plans to drop it's v1 proxy
code in Ocata. So it seems like changing config to use v2 in the gate
jobs should be a non-issue. We'd want to keep at least one integrated
gate job using glance v1 to make sure we don't regress anything there in
Newton.

Matt Riedemann