[openstack-dev] [nova][vmware] Is the vmware driver going to be OK when we drop glance v1 support?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 7 20:35:36 UTC 2016

Most of the glance v2 integration series in Nova is merged [1]. The
libvirt support is done and tested, the hyper-v driver change is +2'ed
and the xenplugin code is being worked on.

The question now is does anyone know if the vmware driver is going to be
OK with just glance v2, i.e. when nova.conf has use_glance_v1=False?

Is anyone from the vmware subteam going to test that out? You need to
essentially test like this [2].

Be aware that we're looking to drop the glance v1 support from Nova
early in Ocata, so we need to make sure this is working in the drivers
before that happens.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/use-glance-v2-api
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/325322/

Matt Riedemann