[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Plugins] Netconfig tasks changes

Igor Zinovik izinovik at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 7 06:21:28 UTC 2016

  Hello,

Aleksandr, one simple question: do I as a plugin developer for upcoming
Fuel 9.0 have
to worry about these network-related changes or not? HCF is approaching,
but patch
that you mentioned (342307 <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/324307/>) is
still not merged. Do I need to spend time on understanding
it and change plugins deployment tasks
<https://github.com/openstack/fuel-plugin-nsxv/blob/bab9541d9f13cf80a4796117483e56e94f3a4c09/deployment_tasks.yaml#L1-L10>
according to the netconfig.pp refactoring?

On 6 June 2016 at 11:12, Aleksandr Didenko <adidenko at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a bit different patch is on review now [0]. Instead of silently replacing
> default gateway on the fly in netconfig.pp task it's putting new default
> gateway into Hiera. Thus we'll have idempotency for subsequent netconfig.pp
> runs even on Mongo roles. Also we'll have consistent network configuration
> data in Hiera which any plugin can rely on.
>
> I've built a custom ISO with this patch and run a set of custom tests on
> it to cover multi-role and multi-rack cases [1] plus BVT - everything
> worked fine.
>
> Please feel free to review and comment the patch [0].
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>
> [0] https://review.openstack.org/324307
> [1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/508319/
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Aleksandr Didenko <adidenko at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> YAQL expressions support for task dependencies has been added to Nailgun
>> [0]. So now it's possible to fix network configuration idempotency issue
>> without introducing new 'netconfig' task [1]. There will be no problems
>> with loops in task graph in such case (tested on multiroles, worked fine).
>> When we deprecate role-based deployment (even emulated), then we'll be able
>> to remove all those additional conditions from manifests and remove
>> 'configure_default_route' task completely. Please feel free to review and
>> comment the patch [1].
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex

>> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Simon Pasquier <spasquier at mirantis.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Adam,
>>> Maybe you want to look into network templates [1]? Although the
>>> documentation is a bit sparse, it allows you to define flexible network
>>> mappings.
>>> BR,
>>> Simon
>>> [1]