[openstack-dev] [neutron][devstack] Does the openvswitch-agent need to be run along side the neutron-l3-agent?

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Mon Jun 6 19:39:05 UTC 2016

The L3 agent will plug ports into things, but it doesn't know anything
about wiring them up for the appropriate VXLAN/VLAN/whatever. That's all
very l2 specific logic and dependent on if using linuxbridge/ovs/etc.

Think of the l3 agent just like it is Nova wiring up VMs. It plugs them in
and then the l2 agent does the appropriate l2 stuff for each port.