[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Tagging kilo-eol for "the world"

Kirill Zaitsev kzaitsev at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 6 15:30:59 UTC 2016

I’ve submitted a request to release all the unreleased code we still have
for murano repositories https://review.openstack.org/#/c/325359/ ; It would
be really great if we could get one final release before EOL’ing kilo in
murano, murano-dashboard, murano-agent and python-muranoclient, if that is
possible. After that I believe kilo branches in those repos are ready to be
EOL’ed and deleted.

--
Kirill Zaitsev
Software Engineer

On 3 June 2016 at 09:26:58, Tony Breeds (tony at bakeyournoodle.com) wrote:

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 08:31:43PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi all,
> In early May we tagged/EOL'd several (13) projects. We'd like to do a
> final round for a more complete set. We looked for projects meet one or
more
> of the following criteria:
> - The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
> openstack/requirements
> - The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
> project-config:zuul/layout.yaml
> - The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is
tagged
> with 'release:managed' or 'stable:follows-policy' (or both).

So We've had a few people opt into EOL'ing which is great.

I've Moved the lists from paste.o.o to a gist. The reason for that is I can
update them, the URL doesn't change and there is a revision history (or
sorts).

The 2 lists are now at:
https://gist.github.com/tbreeds/7de812a5d363fab4bd425beae5084c87

Given that there are now only 39 repos that are not (yet) EOL'ing I'm
inclined
to default to EOL'ing everything that that isn't a deployment project.

That is to say I'm suggesting that:
openstack/cloudkitty cloudkitty 1
openstack/cloudkitty-dashboard cloudkitty 1
openstack/cloudpulse BigTent
openstack/compute-hyperv BigTent
openstack/fuel-plugin-purestorage-cinder BigTent
openstack/group-based-policy BigTent 4
openstack/group-based-policy-automation BigTent
openstack/group-based-policy-ui BigTent
openstack/murano-apps murano 3
openstack/nova-solver-scheduler BigTent
openstack/openstack-resource-agents BigTent
openstack/oslo-incubator oslo
openstack/powervc-driver BigTent 1
openstack/python-cloudkittyclient cloudkitty 1
openstack/python-cloudpulseclient BigTent
openstack/python-group-based-policy-client BigTent
openstack/swiftonfile BigTent
openstack/training-labs Documentation
openstack/yaql BigTent 2

Get added to the EOL list.

With the following hanging back for a while as they might need small tweaks
based on the kilo-eol tag.

openstack/cookbook-openstack-bare-metal Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-block-storage Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-client Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-common Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-compute Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-dashboard Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-data-processing Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-database Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-identity Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-image Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-integration-test Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-network Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-object-storage Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-ops-database Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-ops-messaging Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-orchestration Chef OpenStack
openstack/cookbook-openstack-telemetry Chef OpenStack
openstack/openstack-ansible OpenStackAnsible
openstack/openstack-chef-repo Chef OpenStack
openstack/packstack BigTent

Yours Tony.