[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Getting project version from API

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:25:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

If I understand correctly, what you need is to expose the neutron
behavior through API or something. In this particular case, neutron
need to send a vif-plugged event when neutron detects some event in
the data plane (VIF plugging in OVS or some virtual switch). Thus I
think the question can be generalized to whether we expose a
capability (such that neutron server behaves in XXX way) through API
(API version? extension?). For example, do we have an extension to
expose that neutron supports the event callback mechanism?

I also think the important point is that it is a topic of
deployment.Operators are responsible of deploying correct combination
of nova and neutron.

Honestly I am not sure we need to expose this kind of things through
API. Regarding the current event callback mechanism, we assume that
operators deploy the expected combination of releases of nova and
neutron. Can't we assume that operators deploy Newton nova and neutron
when they want to use live-migration vif-plugging support?

Akihiro