[openstack-dev] [ironic] Trello board

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Fri Jun 3 19:08:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 06:29:13PM +0200, Alexis Monville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Jim Rollenhagen <jim at jimrollenhagen.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Myself and some other cores have had trouble tracking our priorities
> > using Launchpad and friends, so we put together a Trello board to help
> > us track it. This should also help us focus on what to review or work
> > on.
> >
> > https://trello.com/b/ROTxmGIc/ironic-newton-priorities
> >
> > Some notes on this:
> >
> > * This is not the "official" tracking system for ironic - everything
> >   should still be tracked in Launchpad as we've been doing. This just
> >   helps us organize that.
> >
> > * This is not free software, unfortunately. Sorry. If this is a serious
> >   problem for you in practice, let's chat on IRC and try to come up with
> >   a solution.
> >
> > * I plan on only giving cores edit access on this board to help keep it
> >   non-chaotic.
> >
> > * I'd like to keep this restricted to the priorities we decided on at
> >   the summit (including the small stuff not on our priorities page). I'm
> >   okay with adding a small number of things here and there, if something
> >   comes up that is super important or we think is a nice feature we
> >   definitely want to finish in Newton. I don't want to put everything
> >   being worked on in this (at least for now).
> >
> > If you're a core and want edit access to the board, please PM me on IRC
> > with your Trello username and I'll add you.
> >
> > Feedback welcome. :)
>
> I would like to know if you are aware of this specs around StoryBoard:
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/task-tracker.html
>
> Maybe it could be interesting to have a look at it and see if it could
> fit your needs?

I'm aware of it, and keeping storyboard on my radar.

I am excited for the time when it's feasible to move the project from
Launchpad to storyboard, but I don't think that time has come yet.

I don't want to disrupt all of our tracking right now. We simply need a
high-level view of what's currently important to the ironic project,
where those important things are in terms of getting done, and
aggregating pointers to the resources needed to continue working on
those things.

We aren't moving our bug/feature list to Trello, simply using it as a
way to stay more organized. :)

// jim