[openstack-dev] [magnum][lbaas] Operator-facing installation guide

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Thu Jun 2 22:50:00 UTC 2016

Brandon,

Magnum uses neutron’s LBaaS service to allow for multi-master bays. We can balance connections between multiple kubernetes masters, for example. It’s not needed for single master bays, which are much more common. We have a blueprint that is in design stage for de-coupling magnum from neutron LBaaS for use cases that don’t require it:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/decouple-lbaas

Adrian