[openstack-dev] [ironic] versioning of IPA, it is time or is it?

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Thu Jun 2 20:16:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

I recently reviewed a patch [1] that is trying to address an issue with ironic (master) talking to a ramdisk that has a mitaka IPA lurking around.

It made me think that IPA may no longer be a teenager (yay, boo). IPA now has a stable branch. I think it is time it grows up and acts responsibly. Ironic needs to know which era of IPA it is talking to. Or conversely, does ironic want to specify which microversion of IPA it wants to use? (Sorry, Dmitry, I realize you are cringing.)

Has anyone thought more than I have about this (i.e., more than 2ish minutes)?

If the solution (whatever it is) is going to take a long time to implement, is there anything we can do in the short term (ie, in this cycle)?

--ruby

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/319183/