[openstack-dev] update congress

Tim Hinrichs tim at styra.com
Thu Jun 2 16:05:13 UTC 2016

Hi Yue,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I wanted to run your script to
see the errors myself.  The authorization failed errors you're seeing are
coming from the datasources, right?  In Mitaka, we changed several of the
datasource drivers to use a newer feature of Keystone when talking to other
OpenStack projects, to solve some lingering problems.  If I remember right,
that newer functionality in Keystone wasn't available in all the projects
back in kilo/liberty.  So it seems you'll want to upgrade those as well.

In summary, you want to use the PushDriver from Congress, which is only
available in Mitaka.  And the Congress Mitaka datasource drivers require
Mitaka functionality from several of the other projects.   So it seems
you'll need to set up a Mitaka version of OpenStack.  Since it sounds like
you're experimenting, I'd suggest grabbing a VM and setting up a devstack
installation using the instructions in our README:
https://github.com/openstack/congress#41-devstack-install

The only thing the README instructions don't tell you is how to run the
Mitaka version of the code.  (The instructions tell you how to run the tip
of master.) So to check out the Mitaka version of the code, change the line
where you clone devstack to check out the stable/mitaka branch, such as
follows.

git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack.git -b stable/mitaka

Here's a video that goes over how to install Mitaka OpenStack on Ubuntu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR3Ye13vdls

Hope that helps,
Tim