[openstack-dev] [magnum] Discuss the idea of manually managing the bay nodes

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Wed Jun 1 15:43:59 UTC 2016

Hi team,

A blueprint was created for tracking this idea: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/manually-manage-bay-nodes . I won't approve the BP until there is a team decision on accepting/rejecting the idea.

From the discussion in design summit, it looks everyone is OK with the idea in general (with some disagreements in the API style). However, from the last team meeting, it looks some people disagree with the idea fundamentally. so I re-raised this ML to re-discuss.

If you agree or disagree with the idea of manually managing the Heat stacks (that contains individual bay nodes), please write down your arguments here. Then, we can start debating on that.

Best regards,
Hongbin