[openstack-dev] [kolla] Ansible 2.0.0 functional

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:10:58 UTC 2016

1. the ansible 2.1 make lots of change compare to the ansible 2.0 about how
   the plugin works. So in default, kolla do not work with ansible 2.1

2. the compatible fix is merged here[0]. So the kolla works on both
   ansible 2.1 and ansible 2.0

[0] https://review.openstack.org/321754

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> On 06/01/2016 08:44 AM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, what keeps on changing (breaking?) in ansible that
> > makes it so that something working in 2.0 doesn't work in 2.1? Isn't the
> > point of minor version numbers like that so that things in the same
> > major version number still actually work...
>
> I'm also curious to know the answer to this. I expect the 2.0 port to
> have had the possibility of breaking things - I do not expect 2.0 to 2.1
> to be similar. Which is not to say you're wrong about it not working,
> but rather, it would be good to understand what broke so that we can
> better track it in upstream ansible.
>
> > Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> >> Hey folks,
> >>
> >> In case you haven't been watching the review queue, Kolla has been
> >> ported to Ansible 2.0. It does not work with Ansible 2.1, however.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> -steve

Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang