[openstack-dev] [nova] [container] [docker] [magnum] [zun] nova-docker alternatives ?

Ton Ngo ton at us.ibm.com
Sun Jul 31 05:40:42 UTC 2016

for a second I thought that would be a great life cycle operation for
bays  .. :)
Ton,

From:	Adrian Otto <adrian.otto at rackspace.com>
            <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date:	07/29/2016 11:31 AM
Subject:	Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] [container] [docker] [magnum] [zun]
            nova-docker alternatives ?

s/mentally/centrally/

Autocorrect is not my friend.

      On Jul 29, 2016, at 11:26 AM, Adrian Otto <adrian.otto at rackspace.com>
      wrote:

      Yasmin,

      One option you have is to use the libvirt-lxc nova virt driver, and
      use an image that has a docker daemon installed on it. That would
      give you a way to place docker containers on a data plane the uses no
      virtualization, but you need to individually manage each instance.
      Another option is to add Magnum to your cloud (with or without a
      libvirt-lxc nova virt driver) and use Magnum to mentally manage each
      container cluster. We refer to such clusters as bays.

      Adrian

            On Jul 29, 2016, at 11:01 AM, Yasemin DEMİRAL (BİLGEM BTE) <