[openstack-dev] [TripleO][DIB] Proposal to move DIB to its own project team

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Jul 29 16:55:36 UTC 2016

As I noted in the meeting yesterday, I think the lack of response from
TripleO regarding this topic is kind of answer enough.  TripleO has
moved away from having a heavy dependency on diskimage-builder (it's
basically used to install some packages and a handful of elements that
we haven't been able to replace yet), so I don't see a problem with
moving dib out of TripleO, as long as we still have some TripleO folks
on the core team and tripleo-ci continues to test all changes against
it.  We still care about keeping dib working, but the motivation from
the TripleO side to do feature development in dib is pretty nonexistent
at this point, so if a new team wants to take that on then I'm good with it.

Note that the diskimage-builder core team has always been separate from
the tripleo-core team, so ultimately I guess this would just be a
governance change?