[openstack-dev] [nova] os-virtual-interfaces isn't deprecated in 2.36

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 28 21:38:13 UTC 2016

On 7/28/2016 3:55 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> For os-attach-interfaces, we need that to attach/detach interfaces to a
> server, so those actions don't go away with 2.36. We can also list and
> show interfaces (ports) which is a proxy to neutron, but in this case it
> seems a tad bit necessary, else to list ports for a given server you
> have to know to list ports via neutron CLI and filter on
> device_id=server.uuid.

On second thought, we could drop the proxy APIs to list/show ports for a
given server. python-openstackclient could have a convenience CLI for
listing ports for a server. And the show in os-attach-interfaces takes a
server id but it's not used, so it's basically pointless and should just
be replaced with neutron.

The question is, as these are proxies and the 2.36 microversion was for
proxy API deprecation, can we still do those in 2.36 even though it's
already merged? Or do they need to be 2.37? That seems like the more
accurate thing to do, but then we really have some weird "which is the
REAL proxy API microversion?" logic going on.

I think we could move forward with deprecation in novaclient either way.

Matt Riedemann