[openstack-dev] [Neutron] SFC stable/mitaka version

Assaf Muller assaf at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 20:06:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Cathy Zhang <Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Ihar and all,
>
> Yes, we have been preparing for such a release. We will do one more round of testing to make sure everything works fine, and then I will submit the release request.
> There is a new patch on "stadium: adopt openstack/releases in subproject release process" which is not Merged yet.
> Shall I follow this http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/stadium/sub_project_guidelines.html#sub-project-release-process to submit the request?
> Do you have a good bug example for Neutron sub-project release request?
>
> BTW, a functional and tempest patch for networking-sfc has been uploaded and it might take some time for the team to complete the review. The test is non-voting. Do you think we should wait until this patch is merged or release can be done without it?

The ideal is that any testing you're doing downstream or manually
should be happening upstream and via CI. If you feel the need to run
things one more time then that means that the upstream CI that is
running for SFC is insufficient. A secondary incentive is to boost
adoption - People tend to be attracted to stable projects with higher
quality testing. I would advise accelerating the functional and
tempest tests patches and releasing when your CI is in a better state.