[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [Fuel] [tc] Looks like Mirantis is getting Fuel CCP (docker/k8s) kicked off

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jul 28 19:24:17 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Zane Bitter's message of 2016-07-28 14:38:12 -0400:
> On 28/07/16 14:20, Jay Pipes wrote:
> > How would guidance from the TC about what it means for a repo to be
> > "part of the OpenStack tent" add clarity for repos that are not trying
> > to be part of the OpenStack tent?
>
> If it were clear what it means for a repo to be "part of the OpenStack
> tent" then it would be obvious to *everyone* which ones should be and
> which ones should not. As it is there are two different interpretations
> from which follow two different conclusions as to whether the Right
> Thing(TM) is happening, causing unnecessary wailing and gnashing of
> teeth. Please re-read my original message on this subject for a full
> treatment.
>
> cheers,
> Zane.

There is only one way for a repository's contents to be considered
part of the big tent: It needs to be listed in the projects.yaml
file in the openstack/governance repository, associated with a
deliverable from a team that has been accepted as a big tent member.

The Fuel team has stated that they are not ready to include the
work in these new repositories under governance, and indeed the
repositories are not listed in the set of deliverables for the Fuel
team [1].

Therefore, the situation is clear, to me: They are not part of the
big tent.

Doug

[1] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/fuel.html#deliverables-and-tags