[openstack-dev] [neutron][api] Passing random filters on neutron API calls

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Jul 28 19:06:44 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-07-28 at 19:24 +0200, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub> wrote:
>
> > Too late. That's a backwards incompatible change that can mess with
> > clients putting on cache busting nonce tokens and who knows what else.
>
> Ideally, API layer would at least avoid passing those unknown filters into
> plugins; same for plugins returning random fields: API layer should filter
> unknown data out. We already have attribute maps defined for extensions, so
> it should be relatively easy to implement that without making plugin layer
> forgiving to those kinds of requests.
>
> Ihar

This is possible for most resources, but the resources that use member
actions do not have those attributes mapped out I don't believe so there
won't be a generic way to do this for those.  There aren't many of those
though.  The other one is the extensions that define their own
controllers, like agent reschedulers.  That can be modified in the
controllers themselves though and wouldn't be too big of a deal.