[openstack-dev] FPGA as a dynamic nested resources

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:31:39 UTC 2016

> For FPGA, I'd like to see an initial proposal that assumed the FPGA
> is pre-programmed & pre-divided into a fixed number of slots and simply
> deal with this.

For the record, this is precisely what is described in the first version
of the dynamic-resource-classes use cases section:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/312696/1/specs/newton/approved/resource-providers-dynamic-resource-classes.rst

See starting at line 193.

This level of details was removed in the second revision of the spec,
which simply focuses on the CRUD operations to add to the placement REST
API for these user-defined resource classes.

All the best,
-jay