[openstack-dev] [neutron][api] Passing random filters on neutron API calls

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 17:24:33 UTC 2016

Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub> wrote:

> Too late. That's a backwards incompatible change that can mess with
> clients putting on cache busting nonce tokens and who knows what else.

Ideally, API layer would at least avoid passing those unknown filters into
plugins; same for plugins returning random fields: API layer should filter
unknown data out. We already have attribute maps defined for extensions, so
it should be relatively easy to implement that without making plugin layer
forgiving to those kinds of requests.

Ihar