[openstack-dev] [ptl][requirements] nomination period started

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Jul 27 21:56:39 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2016-07-27 21:08:12 +0000:
> On 2016-07-27 08:41:17 -0500 (-0500), Matthew Thode wrote:
> > We've started a period of self nomination in preparation for the
> > requirements project fully moving into project (as it's still under Doug
> > Hellmann).
> >
> > We are gathering the self nominations here before we vote next week.
> > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/requirements-ptl-newton
> >
> > Nominees should also send an email to the openstack-dev list.
>
> Have you determined whether your electorate are traditional project
> technical contributors (Gerrit owners of changes merged to the
> openstack/requirements repo over the past year) like most teams use,
> or is there a different focus and constituency for this team?

Excellent question.

I assumed that we would use the list of contributors to the
repositories managed by the team. At the moment I think that means
only the openstack/requirements repository.

However, we may have some folks on the core team who have not
contributed a patch, since it is far more common to do reviews than
to submit changes there (more and more of the changes are being
automated). So, we probably need to expand the traditional definition
to also include the existing core review team (members of
requirements-core [1]), just to be safe.

Does that include everyone we should?

Once we have consensus, I can document the decision in the wiki
under [2].

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/131,members
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Requirements#Requirements_Team