[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [Fuel] [tc] Looks like Mirantis is getting Fuel CCP (docker/k8s) kicked off

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Jul 27 21:51:15 UTC 2016

Its a standard way of launching a given openstack service container with specified config regardless if its backed with a redhat or ubuntu or source based package set that the Operator can rely on having a standardized interface to. distro packages don't grantee that kind of thing and don't want to.

To me, its an abstraction api kind of like nova is to kvm vs xen. the nova user shouldn't have to care which backend is chosen.

Thanks,
Kevin