[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [Fuel] [tc] Looks like Mirantis is getting Fuel CCP (docker/k8s) kicked off

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Jul 26 21:42:10 UTC 2016

On 7/26/16, 2:13 PM, "Jim Rollenhagen" <jim at jimrollenhagen.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 08:36:01PM +0000, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>> Dims,
>>
>> The project-config addition was debated by Andreas before this
>>partnership
>> in this press release was announced and the full intent of the project
>>was
>> understood.  The argument I see used in the review  is that since
>>fuel-ccp
>> not part of Newton, it doesn't need to be in the projects.yaml file.
>> Given the intent of the project is obvious (to me) from the press
>>release
>> to join the big tent, my two requests still apply.  At present this
>> project may be perceived as "flying under the radar" and further not
>> following the four opens as I already stated.
>
>I'm confused, what specifically is happening that is against the four
>opens? What part of the press release implies big tent in the future?

My exact words were proceeded by "may be perceived"

The press release itself implies a big effort with big contributors hence
big tent.

>> The two requests were:
>>
>> 1. Please submit the repositories for projects.yaml TC oversight
>> 2. Please change Fuel's mission statement to match reality of this
>> announcement
>
>Why? The current mission statement is "To streamline and accelerate the
>process of deploying, testing and maintaining various configurations of
>OpenStack at scale." I don't see why anything about this announcement
>doesn't fit into that mission statement.

That mission statement doesn't match intent, which is to produce a
kubernetes deployment of openstack.  I don't feel "various configurations"
cuts it.

But its really up to the Fuel team, not you or I.

Regards
-steve