[openstack-dev] [freezer] Freezer midcycle minutes

Mathieu, Pierre-Arthur pierre-arthur.mathieu at hpe.com
Tue Jul 26 15:31:45 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

The freezer team recently had his mid-cycle meeting hosted in Galway.

Please head over to this etherpad ([1]) know everything about it.

Here is a short recap of the topics that we discussed:
- Update on documentation [2]
    Guillermo already did a great job. The new documentation needs to be
    released and we discussed how and where this will be done.
    We also discussed the developper documentation
- Update on python-freezerclient [3]
    We are ready. The only thing missing is to release python-freezer-client.
- Falcon and Paste and PasteDeploy
    We need to figure out how to build middlewares that are compatible with
    falcon and paste. If this will not work in the long run, maybe we will have
    to move to a different api framework.
- Update on freezer-agent refactoring [4]
- Backup as a Service [5]
    Required:
      - freezer-web-ui fixes / tests
      - Retention for openstack based backup (nova, cinder, cindernative)
      - oslo.policy
      - freezer-scheduler running multiple jobs in parallel
- Nova / Cinder backups [6]
    We need to update/merge a few bugfixes
- Core team review
- On-duty reviewers [7]
    We are going to have two on-duty reviewers per week. They will try to focus
    a bit more on doing reviews in order to speed up the process. This is not a
    replacement for reviews asked to a specific developer (because of his
    knowledge around a specific topic) or urgent reviews asked in the IRC
    channel.
- Engines and tar [8]
    Conclusions to be presented soon on the openstack-dev mailing list about
    what we should do regarding tar and its broken incremental.
- Integration testing [9]
    This is going the right way. We need to keep focussing on adding more tests.
    We have a list of features and scenarios that needs to be added.

A big thanks to everyone that participated in this midcycle meetup!

Regards
- Pierre, for the Freezer Team

[1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/freezer_midcycle_meetup_newton
[2]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/documentation