[openstack-dev] [Glance][Heat][Horizon] Glance v2 and custom locations

Timur Sufiev tsufiev at mirantis.com
Tue Jul 26 14:47:50 UTC 2016

Can we have a special way (i.e. restricted) of setting Image locations, to
be used by clients like Horizon (where an end-users create images)? It
would be hard to explain different set of Image Sources depending on their
adminness.

Anoher question that I'm asking myself about Horizon is how affordable
would be the loss of 'URL Image Source', since 'copy-from' is missing for
sure already. Are there many valuable use cases for URL source in absence
of 'copy-from' feature?