[openstack-dev] [kolla] Monitoring tooling

Mathias Ewald mewald at evoila.de
Tue Jul 26 13:54:00 UTC 2016

@Kevin Fox: No worries. I wonder the same thing which is why I never
considered gnocchi ^^

@all: Are we satisfied with the Telegraf container and role? I use my
patches to deploy Telegraf + InfluxDB + Grafana. The following screenshots
(not particularly beautyfull, but they show what information is gathered

[image: Inline-Bild 1][image: Inline-Bild 5][image: Inline-Bild 4][image:
Inline-Bild 3][image: Inline-Bild 2]

cheers
Mathias

> sigh..... I hate to be the bearer of bad news... I seem to be in that role
> a lot recently...
>
> We've fought with the latest version of ceilometer/gnocchi for a few
> months (off and on) to try and get it to work. Currently gnocchi is not
> fast enough to ingest our metering data into ceph. Its possible this is
> just some undocumented (mis)configuration. But we've had issues with
> ceilometer scaling for multiple years now.
>
> Honestly, the longer we've fought with it, the more I wonder why OpenStack
> is writing their own rather then just use a backend store like graphite
> which is already opensource?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Mobil: +49 176 10567592
E-Mail: mewald at evoila.de

evoila GmbH
Wilhelm-Theodor-Römheld-Str. 34
55130 Mainz
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Johannes Hiemer

Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 42719

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If You
e-mail is strictly forbidden.