[openstack-dev] [kolla] Binary containers with pip install?

Swapnil Kulkarni (coolsvap) me at coolsvap.net
Tue Jul 26 07:37:52 UTC 2016

Dear Kollagues,

There has been a detailed conversation between me and Prithiv related
to [1] and allowing pip install in binary containers.

Till now we have simply skipped the binary containers till we have
official packages in respective distro repositories. I strongly feel
we should be following that.

If someone wishes to have a functionality without a package in the
base distro, there is always an option to build source containers and
use it with Kolla.

Thoughs welcome?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/344930/

--