[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI job to test undercloud only

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:23:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started some work to have a CI job that will only deploy an undercloud.
> We'll save time and resources.
>
> I used storyboard: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000682
> and I invite our contributors to use it too when working in TripleO
> CI, it helps us to track our current work.

Just to add some context around tracking CI work in StoryBoard:

I raised the issue a little while ago that it would help if we had a
central place to track CI tasks that we need to work on. Given that
we're not using launchpad currently for tripleo-ci (other than for
filing bugs), and launchpad is more release oriented, I proposed to
give StoryBoard a try. Previously we had used a trello board for this,
but I think we should use StoryBoard instead.

Especially given that OpenStack in general seems to be moving towards
more usage of StoryBoard in the future:
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/task-tracker.html

The tripleo-ci project in StoryBoard is:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/749
And I've also created a board:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/35

Keep in mind that we want to avoid duplication between Launchpad and
StoryBoard. Launchpad is still the source of truth. We're using
StoryBoard just to track things that we weren't otherwise tracking. I
think it would be fine if you wanted to created tasks for bugs you
might be working on, but please keep all the pertinent details on the
bug itself in Launchpad.

Further, the StoryBoard team in #storyboard seemed really interested
in getting our feedback on how StoryBoard works for us. I created an
etherpad where we can record some of this feedback to collect and pass
onto them:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-storyboard-feedback

--
-- James Slagle