[openstack-dev] What's Up, Doc? 22 July

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Jul 22 03:31:41 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

As many of you would have noticed from the email onslaught, I've been working on some Launchpad housekeeping this week. The blueprints are all tidied up now, and I intend to start on the bug list next week, so keep those email filters handy ;)

I'd also like to point out the hard work Andreas has been putting in to evaluate moving our docs jobs to Ubuntu Xenial. If you notice any weirdness, please let Andreas know.

== Progress towards Newton ==

75 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 315

Newton deliverables: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDeliverables
Feel free to add more detail and cross things off as they are achieved throughout the release.

== Speciality Team Reports ==

'''HA Guide: Andrew Beekhof'''
Got drafted (pun intended)
Started figuring out the current status and direction

'''Install Tutorials: Lana Brindley'''
Next meeting: 2 August 0600 UTC

'''Networking Guide: Edgar Magana'''
No report this week.

'''Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon'''
No report this week.

'''User Guides: Joseph Robinson'''
No report this week.

'''Ops Guide: Shilla Saebi, Darren Chan'''
Started a weekly Arch Guide working group meeting on Wednesday 20:00 UTC. Currently drafting the Design chapter and reusing existing content.

'''API Guide: Anne Gentle'''
Sent email to -dev and -docs list to determine next steps for releasing openstackdocstheme and os-api-ref sphinx extension so we can get the better theming output: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/099373.html
Released 1.4.0 of openstackdocstheme in preparation for August (hopefully) readiness of theme/extension for unifying API docs navigation.
Completed updated of governance/reference/projects.yaml to indicate contributor and api docs URLs. Found that three projects have not completed migration (trove, telemetry/ceilometer, ) and found that nn projects don't use the openstackdocstheme and os-api-ref extension and then won't be included in a unified navigation solution for all OpenStack APIs.

'''Config/CLI Ref: Tomoyuki Kato'''
Adding Clustering service configuration options. Fixed some bugs. Updated a few CLI reference. Added python-watcherclient.

'''Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi'''
No report this week.

'''Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur'''
No report this week.

'''Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
No report this week.

'''UX/UI Guidelines: Michael Tullis, Rodrigo Caballero'''
All five personas are up for review on Gerrit. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/326662/
Further improvements are planned for after the basic information is merged.

== HA Guide Speciality Team Update ==

Bogdan Dobrelya is stepping down from leading the HA Guide Speciality Team, and I would like to thank him for his hard work. I'd like to welcome Andrew Beekhof to the role, and wish him all the best. If you're interesting in helping out on the HA Guide, please let Andrew or me know and we'll get you started.

== Site Stats ==

While 70% of our site traffic comes through Google, just under 5% comes through Baidu, beating Bing on just 1.45%.

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The US meeting was held this week, you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-07-20

Next meetings: