[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Nova][OVN] Is there anythig we should consider about VM migration in OVN

kangjingting at sina.com kangjingting at sina.com
Fri Jul 22 03:13:58 UTC 2016

Hi all
There is a patch[1]  add ability to OVN to update port status in Neutron DB when creating VM.
In this patch,  it will call method in ml2 mech_driver to change port status in Neutron DB,  which invoked by ovsdb monitor.
But in vm live migration scenario, it should not update port status at first stage(pre_live_migraion)  in destination host, as there in no binding host in port bind profile now.  And later in the last stage(post_live_migration)[2] it should  update port status to ACTIVE.
So if we should consider the vm live migration as described previously, and is there anything else we should  consider about vm migration in OVN?

ThankJingting
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178826/[2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/198298/