[openstack-dev] [tripleo] moving tripleo-ci/test-environments into THT

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 16:31:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:32:23PM -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're currently using tripleo-ci to store our test-environments files
> (ie: multinode.yaml, etc).
> To make it compatible with our different versions of TripleO, we have 2 options:
>
> * Duplicate templates and use bash conditionals in tripleo-ci scripts
> to select which one we want at each release.
> * Move them to THT (THT is branched & released).
>
> I would vote for option #2 for 2 reasons:
> * we don't have to do complex conditionals in tripleo-ci
> * we can easily consume it outside tripleo-ci (oooq one day?)
> * we can easily make them evolve, when new composable services are
> created for example.

+1 I agree it's probably best to move these to t-h-t, although we should
clearly identify those environments which are specific to CI setups (such
as where we override the number of workers to minimise resource usage).

I think maintaining them in tripleo-ci will prove inconvenient in the long
term, e.g https://review.openstack.org/#/c/338551/ is failing now because
we now have coupling between the ControllerServices parameter default
and the multinode HA job.

Thanks,

Steve