[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Delorean fail blocks CI for stable branches

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 11:11:52 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Derek Higgins <derekh at redhat.com> wrote:
> Trying to catch up here and summarizing as a top post

ack for the summary

> either of these, based only on which was proposed first i'd go for
> 345070

ack, I've abandoned 345106

> Start a discussion in rdo about how exactly people expect --local and
> --dev to behave and if there is need for a 3rd option to cover the
> tripleo use case, If we find any changes are needed to delorean, make
> them and then remove the hacks from tripleo-ci so we're less likely to
> hit problems in future.

IIRC Javer fixed --local to avoid some edge case we have hit when
running DLRN in production on trunk.rdoproject.org but I forgot
details, he'll chime-in when he's back from PTO.
Explicit --local-source would cover tripleo ci use-case, but let's
first collect all requirements in
https://github.com/openstack-packages/DLRN/issues/22
e.g. tripleo.sh script also has a sed patch to make postinstall step
optional, so let's address all interfaces at the same time.

Cheers,
Alan