[openstack-dev] [horizon] Plugin stability, failing tests etc.

Rob Cresswell robert.cresswell at outlook.com
Wed Jul 20 09:12:31 UTC 2016

Hey all,

So we've had a few issues with plugin stability recently, and its apparent that many plugins are building off Horizon master as a dependency. I would really advise against this. A more manageable development process may be to:

- Base stable plugins against a stable release of Horizon
- Base WIP versions/new plugins off the last Horizon milestone, b2 in this case, and then bump the version and capture issues within the same patch. This should prevent random breakages, and should allow you to just look at the release notes for that milestone.

On the Horizon side, we've moved our FF a week earlier, so I think that week combined with the usual RC period should be enough time to fix bugs. We'll aim to make sure our release notes are complete with regards to breaking issues for plugins, and deprecate appropriately.

Rob