[openstack-dev] Mascot/logo for your project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jul 19 17:08:29 UTC 2016

Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16 2016, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>
>> Julien Danjou wrote:
>>> Something is very unclear (but I'm getting used to it lol): are theses
>>> logo created for projects or teams?
>>>
>>> We have 4 different projects (Aodh, Gnocchi, Ceilometer & Panko) in the
>>> Telemetry team. Should we have one or 4 mascots?
>>
>> Heidi will likely confirm, but my understanding is that it's a mascot per team,
>> not per deliverable within that team. So in your case that would be the
>> "Telemetry" mascot.
>
> Heidi, could you confirm that it is a mascot per team or per project?
>
> Honestly, I don't think it'll suit us to have only one mascot/logo. It's
> gonna be hard to use a logo marked "Telemetry" as a branding for our 4
> different projects that do different things – even if it's in the same
> area.

In my understanding, the mascot represents the team, not the project. So
it represents the scope of the team and its members more than any
particular by-product of that team.

For Telemetry, I'd choose a highly-distributed animal with multiple
arms, like a starfish :)

But I'll let Heidi Joy confirm what the intent is here.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)